Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fresh Veggie Packed Dinner

Tonight I made a healthy pasta dish of homemade sauce with garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, green bell peppers and button mushrooms to go over potato gnocchi. I also made a side salad with tomatoes & English cucumbers I bought at a local Farmer's Market!!! I love fresh locally grown produce! The tomatoes & cucumbers were "hothouse" grown. I also LOVE eating healthy! Makes a body feel really good and energetic! Hope everyone has a great Friday, and remember to eat your fruit & veggies! =)

3 comments:

George (a 100% foodie) said...

The maple carrot cupcakes, tomato salad and pasta dishes look so good. I would like to sink my teeth into any one of them right now. The pictures make the food jump right out at me and I wish I could take a fork and dive in. Them being healthy foods is only an added plus. I'm a loyal reader of your blog, and always have a napkin next to me so I can wipe the drool from my face after reading your food descriptions and seeing your food photos. I also checked out your column in the newspaper, more good stuff!

Bella said...

Lisa want you to know I have tried several of the recipes you have posted and all came out perfect. My family loves them and I will be making them often. Your photo's are beautiful, you should be a food photographer! I hope you post more recipes soon, my husband does too!

Cindy said...

Hi Lisa! I made the maple carrot cupcakes exactly like the recipe read that you shared. The end result was that my family & of course I, loved them!!!!!!!!
We have a new favorite recipe to add to our recipe box, and we can't thank you enough. I had friends over and they tried them too and want the recipe. I told them about your blog so they will be stopping on by to check it out. I can't believe how moist these cupcakes are. The icing is so good, and the smell as they bake is a heavenly scent. Thank you again for sharing this recipe, I'm such a happy camper!