Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oatmeal Craisin Cookies

My column this week pictured below in the Grapevine showcases the recipe for these cookies, except that I used dried cranberries in place of the raisins. I love the flavor the cranberries add to this cookie! YUM! =)

I made a batch of healthy cookies last night. Instead of raisins I used dried cranberries and I also added walnuts. There is NO butter in this recipe, only heart healthy safflower oil. I also used whole wheat pastry flour instead of white flour. The smell of cinnamon always makes my hubby come check out what's baking in the oven...lol. He really loved these cookies which made me happy since it was the first time I ever made oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries! They really turned out yummy! =)
Hope everyone has a great Friday & weekend! I'm looking forward to a family brunch get together on Saturday. I'm bringing these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies....thought it would be nice to share! =)

2 comments:

Doreen Giovanni said...

Wow those cookies look awesome!
Are you planning on sharing the recipe Lisa? I would sure like to give them cookies a try. I'm always looking for different healthy recipes to make for my family, and I think they would like these. We love oatmeal cookies and dried cranberries so I think your twist is a great idea. Please share the recipe, pleassssseeee! Thank you, Doreen

Herb said...

I'm enjoying your blog and weekly column Lisa. Just wanted to drop a note to say that. The oatmeal cookies pictured on your blog look like they tasted great! Have a good weekend.

From a fan.