Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Family Brunch

Pictures above are of a Springtime family brunch that was held at my parents house this past Saturday. We had family visiting from Florida so it was the perfect time for a gathering. The weather was beautiful, the food was awesome, and the time together was priceless. We had a great time chatting and catching up. My niece was super excited and was such a great help to my Mom preparing for the brunch. She helped make the pineapple upside down cake, which is my favorite cake! Plus it was healthy too!!! Made with whole wheat pastry flour, organic eggs, heart healthy oil and raw sugar, plus pineapple and pecans of course! We also had my Mom's healthy "Italian Wedding Soup" with turkey meatballs made with lean ground turkey. I also baked the oatmeal craisin cookies with lots of organic oats, whole wheat pastry flour, wheat germ, safflower oil, applesauce, cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, organic eggs, walnuts and raw sugar. We had a great spread including my Mom's "Sparkling Party Punch" made with 100% fruit juice and 7-up (which is now made with 100% natural ingredients).

I love get togethers with family, friends and church family, especially when most of the foods are homemade and healthy! Can't wait for the next event!

Also, if your interested.....

YOU CAN CHECK OUT MY WEEKLY COLUMN "RECIPE CORNER" ONLINE IN THE GRAPEVINE NEWSPAPER (PAGE 22) WHICH SHOWCASES TWO HEALTHY RECIPES AND HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS. FEEL FREE TO SEND A HEALTHY RECIPE OR TWO FOR PUBLICATION OR ONE YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO "REMIX" USING HEALTHIER INGREDIENTS. SEND VIA E-MAIL & INCLUDE YOUR FIRST & LAST NAME. YOUR FAVORITE HEALTHY RECIPES COULD BE ENJOYED BY OTHERS, SO SHARE THE LOVE, HERE'S TO OUR HEALTH!
http://www.grapevinenewspaper.com/

Until next time...eat well, sleep well, live well! God bless and G'nite!

2 comments:

JoAnn Molter said...

The way you describe food, and the pictures you post of them make me want to run full speed into the kitchen and start cooking. I love making food with fresh and natural products and I can appreciate your blog all the more knowing you feel the same way. I read your recipe column and loved it, I added the link to my favorites so I can check it out weekly. Have a happy healthy day Lisa Ann.

Angelle said...

These looks wonderful. I love the cookies and will certainly make them. A question: why safflower or sunflower oil? Are they better for you in some way than, say, canola?