Friday, July 9, 2010

Homemade Zucchini Walnut Bread

My Brother-In-Law, Larry & Sister, Laura have a garden and they gave me some beautiful organic zucchini. I was thinking on what I should make with it since I'm not a fan of zucchini in savory dishes...so I decided to make a recipe that Larry gave me to publish and share in my latest cookbook...his Mom RoseAnn's Zucchini Bread. This was my first time making this recipe, and from what my hubby & family says, it's delicious. It came out VERY moist, and the walnuts taste awesome in this bread! I'm sharing the recipe in one of the pictures above for anyone who would like to give it a try! I basically used her recipe except that I used unbleached white flour, aluminum free baking powder, safflower oil, organic free range brown eggs, raw sugar, organic vanilla and cinnamon. I also used 1/2 tablespoon less of the cinnamon called for in this recipe, and 1/2 cup less sugar. One batch made two nice size loaves. You could even freeze one if so desired. Hope you enjoy the recipe...have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lenny said...

OMG that Zucchini Bread looks good! Im def gonna make that, and will try the healthier version like you made. Your blog is great.