Friday, August 20, 2010

Bruschetta


Bruschetta

1 loaf crusty Italian or semolina bread, sliced
4 tbs. olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
4 Italian plum tomatoes, chopped
4 - 5 fresh basil leaves, cut into pieces
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly grated black pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 450°. Brush each piece of
bread with olive oil. Place on an un-greased
baking sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes or
until slightly browned. In a bowl, combine
2 tablespoons olive oil, minced garlic, chopped
tomatoes, and basil. Add salt & pepper & give
ingredients a quick mix. Spread tomato
mixture on top of the toasted bread slices.
Serve.

As always, Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Lessa said...

I made brushetta one time, it was not that good, I did not use garlic or basil, only tomatoes and oil, I can't wait to give this recipe a try. I really enjoyed your blog. I did not click on the follow button, because you have to create a google account, but I saved your blog in my favorites and will visit often. Your blog is the coolest food/health blog I have viewed. Great stuff!